Tuesday 5 June 2012

Make Money From email List


Make Money From email List



Let me see, consider if you have the following:

A great product with a great sales pitch
A web site with attitude
Persistence
Technical Support
Affiliate scheme
....and all the rest

One question - who are you going to sell it to?

Now I have been playing about with all sorts of different ideas in internet marketing for a few years now, granted I have had information overload many times in these few years but I do have persistence and I am starting to really fine tune my approaches now towards becoming an internet marketing "pro"!


That information - what I have already read up on and taken action  - is what I am going to share with you, and more precisely to make sure you don't make the same mistakes I made. Ok you are going to call me a hypocrite with the next statement but you really need to make some mistakes when you are building up your "portfolio", it is no good handing you it all on a plate, and lets be honest no one is going to do that unless there is some kickback along the way, like me selling you a little eBook for my troubles :)

And when you get the information you will find that you will still make mistakes because you have to remember that humans will find their own slant on someone else's work and tend to do things a slightly different way, even if you follow the overall plan. I have gotten some downright crappy courses but I have always managed to recognise errors/flaws in it and turn it to my advantage, or just learn from it.

Some information marketers are selling genuine information and it does work but you have to actually find your own way of doing it, sometimes it just doesn't work "for you" in that way and you can find some courses are (by sheer coincidence) tailored to the type of approach you would take in doing the same activity.

Overall though you have to have one thing and that is a plan. If I learned anything from my years as an IT developer it is you have to have a plan and STICK to it - sorry for shouting :) For instance we could be developing a system and seem ahead of time frames, everyone breathes a sigh of relief and then someone in the business comes along and says you know what if we could just have this little bit changed it would be so much easier. With our human kindness head on we want to say "Oh Ok", but as I said stick to the plan and remove humanness from the equation, we say NO - well usually :) .

Ok sorry Back to the list

:). So assume we had this...

A great product with a great sales pitch
A web site with attitude
Persistence
Technical Support
Affiliate scheme

But we need someone to market it too, we need to build an eMail list to sell it to. Lets approach the subject head on (that's a logical head I may say!) in this and the next few posts.

In today's post lets just try and answer a few higher level questions and see where we get, then we can dissect them a bit more in the coming weeks.

So the burning Overarching Question Is:

How do we get a list?

So then we have to ask:

What type of list will it be?

Now I hear people saying okay what do you mean what type of list is it, it's a list of email contacts (opt-ins or leads) who we can sell to - yes I say, that is right but we have to have our marketing head on this time.

We need not a list but a Targeted List. No prizes for guessing what that is....so I am using this blog and say I am putting up lots of regular posts with lots of really useful information on information marketing and I say to you look this is all great but do you want to be that bit further ahead of the game, really get the meat and potatoes on how to be a success at internet marketing, do you want to learn the insider tips and tricks for building lists, getting lots of backlinks, getting to the top of the search engines etc???

I then say look just enter your name and email and you can join my newsletter and we will send you more really useful and actionable content ..... PLUS ... for the trouble of signing up you get a free eBook on building lists.

So now you are on my list of targeted internet marketers who are hungry for information on this subject. I may have another blog on fishing or something and I do the same there. I do like fishing but it is not something I get overly excited about, I do love internet marketing and it is not only a hobby but a business venture, a serious one at that. That makes all the difference if you have a bit of an edge for something and you can form arguable and agreeable opinions on various subject within that particular topic, it really helps when you are writing about it.

1 comment: